Living Buna project partners are pleased to announce the results of the call for proposals for socio-economic development and habitat restoration in the Buna River Velipoje Protected landscape, financed by MAVA Foundation. As it was mentioned before, during the grants application process the Living Buna partners received 33 applications from different organizations as well as individuals wishing to implement projects in the BRVPL.
After carefully evaluating all proposals using the scoring table and eligibility criteria, the board members have selected 15 project proposals for funding. Below you can see the list of winning proposals ranked by the scores received and the short description of each project.
We sincerely congratulate all winners and look forward to the successful implementation of their ideas for the benefit of societies and the protection of nature!
1. Federation of Forests and Communal Pastures of Shkodra Municipality - Improvement of natural habitats and infrastructure in support of sustainable tourism – 74.5
2. Green Center Albania - Sustainable tourism and promotion of agro products in the area of Ana e Malit - 69
3. Albanian Water Sports and Tourism - Sport and agro-tourism for sustainable development of Buna’s eco-system – 65.5
4. Drane Ahi - Improvement of infrastructure for pollution reduction in the protected area - 64
5. Federation of Fishing Organizations of Albanian Transboundary Internal Waters (FFOATIW) - Eco-tourism fishing – an economic and-pro-environment fishing alternative – 61.5
6. Mirash Kalaj - Development of sustainable tourism through improvement of infrastructure - 59
7. Gjeto Malaj - Exploitation of solar energy for water heating – 58.5
8. Pashko Qarri - Sustainable use of water resources in agriculture – 52.5
9. Albanian Alps Alliance - Protection Duna and Creative Tourism “ProDuCT” - 52
10. Zef Guraj - Sustainable use of water resources in agriculture – 51.5
11. Arben Ujka - Sustainable use of water resources – 51.5
12. Anton Marashi - Sustainable use of water resources – 51.5
13. Leon Kalaj (Jakaj) - Cultivation of pomegranate and installation of irrigation system – 51.5
14. Association of Users of Natural, Environmental, Pasture-Forest Resources ”Cukali” - Improvement of natural habitats and infrastructure to the benefit of sustainable tourism – 48.5
15. Aarhus Information Center Shkodra - Development of eco-tourism in Baks-Rroll, as a potential for the community and for the benefit of the service - 45